Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Scope Ordered Partially =D

AweSIM

hello ppl..

was busy with semester for a while.. got out of touch from this site too.. but am back hopefully.. :).. anyways.. a month back, some may recall, i was desperately seeking advice as to which scope i should get.. i had the following criteria..

- cheap..

- long term investment (no second hand market)..

- astrophotography..

- main interest dsos..

turned out cheap was the biggest paradox.. :).. the initial budget of 200EUR quickly stretched out to +1000EUR..

- SkyWatcher 200PDS OTA..

- SkyWatcher SynScan NEQ6Pro..

- a few filters, barlows, EPs, and other accesories..

since i didnt have that kind of cash at hand.. i decided to order in batches..

- batch 01.. OTA + filters + EPs..

- batch 02.. NEQ6 + more filters + more EPs + accessories..

- batch 03.. anything else that i may need..

well.. a (trimmed version of) batch 01 has been ordered from Teleskop Express.. =D..

- SkyWatcher Explorer-200PDS / 8" f/5 Newtonian - 1:10 MICRO - BKP2001MOTA

- Simple Collimation Tool for Newtonian Telescopes - TSJK

- 1.25" collimation eyepiece - for refractors and newtonians - TSCHR

- Skywatcher Adapter from M48 to NIKON Bajonet - SKM48-Nikon

- Baader Astro Solar Safety Film - visual - 20x30cm - SofiA4v

wow.. didnt think id see this day.. but its finally happened.. ;).. id decided to order these so i can get used to the OTA first.. collimation.. etc.. i know i wont be able to use the scope without the mount.. but still.. :p

anyways.. mr. eichler helmut at Teleskop Express has been a great help.. answering all my nagging questions calmly and over and over.. im hoping now that the scope will reach here in one piece.. im having my friend bring it over via airline to pakistan from norway..

but when all is said and done.. i thank all you guys whove helped me make up my mind.. without you guys it wouldnt have been possible AT ALL!!!.. i salute you all..

to do:

- supplier review when the scope arrive..

- unboxing report..

- first light.. (without mount) report..

awesim.. :)

thanks a lot guys.. dont worry.. i aint going anywhere.. this place totally ROCKS!!!.. and you all are the people who make it ROCK!!!.. ROCK ON!!! :)

the dude whos making this possible is my friend in oslo norway whos landing here on july 2nd.. shipping to pakistan is either non-existent.. or prohibitively expensive.. fedex charges around 700 EUR to transport the 290 EUR OTA from germany to my doorstep.. so relatives and friends coming are my only chances.. :)

awesim..

@foundaplanet.. brother you just found out the hidden meaning of my nick.. my friends in uni chose that for me.. ;)

Archived