Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North American Nebula Region

Catanonia

Summer is difficult as I am finding out without much real darkness to speak of.

I therefore thought that narrowband would be easier as it is less prone to problems with lightness.

So back to a popular target for the widefield lenses out there and that is The North American and Pelican Nebula region.

Nice widefield with the WO66 and Flattener II giving around 300mm @ F4.9

I settled on 15min unbinned Ha 8nm subs as this was the best I could do without significant star trailing.

This image is 3hours of these 15min subs and processed with PixInsight and Photoshop. Actually I really didn't have to do all that much to it other than a little DBE extraction.

I hope you like, it has been sometime since I posted an image.

Full sized image is here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10801850/Astro%20Pictures/Large%20Files/NGC%207000%20June%202011.jpg

post-16631-133877618073_thumb.jpg

Lovely image, great detail showing on my phone (which is saying something).

I got about three nights of 12 hours darkness during the winter but i have had about ten of four/five hours(astronomical twighlight ends 12:23 and starts 04:45) so far this summer....I hate to say it but I can get more imaging time here during the summer. I'm starting to hate the winter now!

Excellent. I did this area (or a bit of it) in Ha with my ZS66 a few years ago and I think the scope is particularly good in NB. Very sharp.

Good to see you back in the saddle.

Olly

PS, IC1396 is a good one at 300mm...

Archived