Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Daft power supply question... now sorted - Thanks Blinky

I'm now the proud owner of a Watec camera to use with the NS8 (early birthday present :lol:). I'd like to power it from the portable power supply for the scope rather than from the mains (one less wire to trip over!). Can you get an adapter from a standard mains plug to a cigarette lighter plug?

Thanks

Helen

Can I just confirm what you are asking. I am thinking you have a plug in mains adapter for the cam and you want to replace it with one that plugs in to a 12v cig adapter.

If thats the case then yes is the answer. Maplin do a couple of adapters are quite reasonable prices or there is alway ebay. What to do is check the voltage and current on the one you have and look for one on maplin that has similer specs. The voltage needs to be the same but the current needs to be the same or higher on the one you buy.

If you post what the adapter says, I can have a look and send you a link for a suitable one.

Thanks Blinky. Yes, that's what I'm after. I did have a quick look on the Maplin's site, but all I could see was an adapter that worked the other way - ie took a cigar plug and plugged into the mains.

My adapter says

switching adapter

model TP12300

input ~100-240v 50/60 Hz

output 12v 300mA

Thanks for looking for me!

Helen

Archived