skegness on 25th june

hello im just starting looking at the skys and will be in skegness on the 25th of june and been told after midnight in the south you will be able to see the milky way?

does any one know if im going to get a good view of it?

i live in northampton and i'm just going to skegness for a few days....

I was in Skeggy at the end of September for a D-Day re-enactment in the pouring rain and camped on the grass at the edge of the nature reserve by permission of the council and I have to say the sky was impressively dark to my eye when the clouds did clear.

Hi - welcome to the forum.

You can see the milky way all through the summer and autumn if the sky is dark enough and free from light pollution - and not just from Skegness !.

Try downloading the freeware planetarium software "Stellarium" - once you have setup your location and local time it will show you what is in the sky at any time of the year.

You don't need Skeggy to see the Milky Way lol. What you need is a dark sky free from light pollution and clear of clouds. The East coast tends to get a higher incidence of favourable conditions than most locations in the UK. So if you can get away from the bright lights of the pleasure beach to a dark spot outside Skeggy on a dark and clear night, chances are the Milky Way will be on view.

Welcome to SGL :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived