Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North Lincs Astro 4th meet.

Nexus 6

Hi SGL, the latest meeting of the North Lincolnshire Astronomy Society was held on Monday evening. Our 4th meeting turned out to be a resounding success and what a brilliant night we all had! The weather was playing ball so there was an opportunity to observe the Moon whilst we waited for a pointer from Arcturus which once acquired helped to locate Saturn. Observations were made using a few scopes and binoculars including 2 Skywatcher 150p reflectors and a 130 Skywatcher Skyhawk with a variety of ep's used from the likes of Celestron, Televue and Meade to name a few.

On the binocular front some fantastic views were had of the Moon using 10x50's from Pentax and the ubiquitous Liddle no name but surprisingly good £12.99 bins!, how can they be that good for such a price?!!!!, Celestron and Helios 15x70's were also available to use as well as a few others, sorry guys forgot to make a note of everything we were using.

I now believe out of the 4 meetings of the society we have had a amazing run of luck with the weather, thats 3 out of 4 when we have had an opportunity to get out and observe, lets hope it carries on at that ratio!

Many thanks to all who attended :(

Nigel, Graham, Steven, Martin, Damian, Malcolm, Alf, Paul, Colin and Rebecca and a special thanks to Terry for helping out! That man deserve's a slice of the finest cake ever constructed by man....and er..... woman :)

Next meeet... Monday 4th of July, will see you all then

Clear Skies

Had a good evening and it was a pleasure to come up and meet everyone...:)

What a great spot for an astro club.

Looking forwards to the next one.

I'm guessing with the time you made this post Alan you spent some time out with your scope...:( When we got back to town the roof was shut as usual........!!

Col

Had a good evening and it was a pleasure to come up and meet everyone...:(

What a great spot for an astro club.

Looking forwards to the next one.

I'm guessing with the time you made this post Alan you spent some time out with your scope...:eek: When we got back to town the roof was shut as usual........!!

Col

Nice to have met both you and Rebacca Colin, have to agree its a very decent location we have for the group. :(

Yup, I did have a look at the Moon again at home, I have been blown away by the 24mm Panoptic on the 925...:)

Will see you on the 4th all being well. :(

Thanks for another good night, Alan.

Your welcome mate, was another good meet. I think things are looking very positive for an established society, if all were to make it on the same night we would have around 20 or so members :(

Will see you next month if not before :)

Archived