NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 6888 Ha..

Coco

Here a quick 5 frame Ha run (50 minutes of 10 minutes subs)

Oddly this image has come out better stacked in DSS (deep sky stacker) than PI (Pixinsight) the stars are sharper and somehow the image looks more tonal..:)

anyway thought it was worth a post :(

William Optics 110 Meg

Skywatcher Flattener (cheapo £69 version)

314L

Astronomik Ha MKII filter

original.jpg

Thanks Chaps!

(How do you guys get these SO sharp...?) Lovely image, Guy!

I focus using the Artemis Capture Focus Assist, I can’t get on with the balitov mask, I have found that when I get the whiskers ‘even’ I look at the focus assist and its miles out?? Focus is super critical on the little 285 sensor if you want tight little round stars. Having said that my mask is for a 5" APO not 4.25" scope, if this makes a difference. :)

Ahh, I missed this one, a nice little quickie... there seems to be a bit of a crescent fest at the moment...lol.

Interesting to see how the megrez performs with the Atik (thinking of getting the 90), any plans to add some OIII? Just so we can see how the colour turns out on that scope.

Archived