Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems focusing with Atik FW in place

I am having enormous problems getting any kind of focus using my manual Atik FW and 16ic camera.

Originally, I was attaching the camera and FW via the diagonal and was unable to reach focus. So following advice here on SGL, I ditched the diagonal altogether and tried attaching the FW+camera directly to the focus tube using a handy adapter that came with the ED80. Bingo! Or so I thought.

I was hoping that this arrangement would solve my problem; apparently not :). I still cannot focus on anything.

Without the FW, I can focus with the camera no problem both with and without the diagonal in place.

BTW, the camera was screwed directly to the FW, and the FW was screwed directly to the focus tube adapter.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Yours frustratedly,

Hmm

sounds like you're in that in-between area. You probably need 40-50mm extension between the focuse and the FW, Either a T thread version or a 1.25" including a T thread nosepiece.

Archived