Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

dew prevention

hey folks,

im in the proccess of selling my scope to fund a new set up,

going to be a celestron 9.25 on either a cgem or eq6 pro,

but i want to get a dew system straight away because i dont want the dew staining my corrector as it has done with my current scope,

so here goes, i see FLO have the astrozap controller and strips,

these are cheaper than the kendricks controllers,

but im wondering are the astrozaps good systems to use or are they just cheaper alternatives, ive remember reading about dew controllers one of the sky at night mags, and their were ups and downs to different types,

so just want to know if any of you folks use the astrozaps, and if so are they ok,

cheers

Hi Space3

I use the astrozap for my 9.25 with the single channel Hitecastro 2 port mini dew controller which they sometimes sell direct on ABS for £25 and it all works great my corrector stays absolutely crystal clear for the whole night highly recommended

Kevin

I used the Astrozap heated dew shield with a Astrozap dual channel controller on my C9.25 and it worked very well.

Dew stains will happen sooner or later and can be easily cleaned off. The coatings on the correctors are very resilient.

Archived