Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO ZS66 SD or IKI 70 ED APO?

The ZS66 has better optics but the IKI70 has that bit more aperture.

The ZS66 is stuck with a 1.6" focuser while the IKI70 has a 2" focuser.

You have to be careful using a 2" diagonal with the ZS66 as it has limited in-focus and you might not be able to bring an eyepiece to focus. Some 2" diags have a short enough light path and some don't.

John

The ZS66 has better optics but the IKI70 has that bit more aperture.

The ZS66 is stuck with a 1.6" focuser while the IKI70 has a 2" focuser.

You have to be careful using a 2" diagonal with the ZS66 as it has limited in-focus and you might not be able to bring an eyepiece to focus. Some 2" diags have a short enough light path and some don't.

John

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the ZS66 will take SCT diagonals therefore the WO 2" diagonal with SCT adapter shouldreach focus due to the shorter light path.

I would personally go for the WO ZS66 scope due to the slightly better build quality.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the ZS66 will take SCT diagonals therefore the WO 2" diagonal with SCT adapter shouldreach focus due to the shorter light path.

I would personally go for the WO ZS66 scope due to the slightly better build quality.

That's why I mentioned that you have to be careful which diagonal you use. The WO one is OK though.

John

Archived