Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will I be able to focus my new EP

I am getting a nice shiny new 2" EP from FLO tomorrow but just had a horrible thought. When using my 1.25" EP's I need to use an extension tube, will this be the same with the 2" one? I really hope not as I was wanting to use it on Saturday nigth for the eclipse!

If I do have to use an extensio tube then why do manufacturers make 'Scopes/Focusers that wont let an EP focus without an extension tube????

Please tellme I am worrying about nothing! :lol:

When using my 1.25" EP's I need to use an extension tube, will this be the same with the 2" one? I really hope not as I was wanting to use it on Saturday nigth for the eclipse!

It is not unusual for some telescopes to need an extender for 'low magnification' 2" eyepieces but I have used the 26mm Revelation/GSO/etc in a number of scopes and not had a problem. After saying that, I haven't come across a telescope that cannot bring 1.25" eyepieces into focus :scratch:

Either way, don't worry, the ep should arrive tomorrow which gives you enough time to test it, order a 2" extender or return the ep if unsuitable :lol:

Archived