Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my first DSO but need help processing

cal1985

hi all, im so excited, through the help of all you guys i managed to get my first DSO M13. i finally sore the smudge! through the eye piece and was blown away. grabbed the DSLR and tried to do a little imaging, only 11 subs @ 30secs but i think the ISO was way to high (1600)

i have tried to inchance this with GIMP but im such a novice and dont know even where to start.

can someone help me please with any advice or comments?

i have attached the stacked image without processing and will attach another with my attempts lol!! any help or advice would be so much appreciated as i cant wait for the next clear night and wanna have a better go with more subs and a lower ISO (ithink thats the problem i had no darks and very hot)

anyway ill let you guys have a look and see what you say.

thanks again

post-26172-1338776090_thumb.jpg

Just used photoshop elements but I'm no mega expert. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to do it properly. Your focus looks a bit off so maybe try getting that a bit better. Try ISO 800 and more subs. But to be honest with 11 30secs subs the result is pretty good.

thankyou spikey ill try and see what happens tonight! thank you again for your comments and the processing i still have so so much to learn. people wasn't joking when i got warned about the life long learning curve ! ! all gotta start somewhere ! im just so blown away i got a picture of it. its amazing that with just a few stacked images you get a better image than with your own eyes. cant wait to see what it looks like with alot of subs and better focusing. no too ways about it, im hooked and love the fact that the people are all here to help and offer advice that they spent years doing. im so apreciative for everybodys help

Archived