NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Off we go a-imaging...

rocketandroll

Well, I'm off out to collect my gear and head to Jimmy's farm for some imaging in about half an hour... the night looks set to be clear as anything... just got to decide what to shoot!

Failing all else, I am hoping to wait up till 1:00am or so and have a first stab at Andromeda... prior to that... no idea, maybe a fast stab at M5 or M27 with the Meade... or a LOT more data on IC1396 with the Canon 200mm lens?

Hopefully some kind of results to show for it all tomorrow whatever I aim for!

Ben

Well... setup took ages, spent half an hour using M5 as a focusing target (actually looked quite nice through the 200mm lens).

Its clear as anything though, after the whispy glowing clouds shifted anyway.

I now have the camera snapping away doing 2min exposures on IC1396. I dropped it to f3 this time and ISO800 to try and reduce noise.

These are the longest subs I've ever tried unguided... The subs are looking good so far... I think I can see the elephant trunk in individual frames... so fingers crossed.

Still might have a stab at Andromeda for a giggle at 1:30ish.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well, I have two hours on IC1396 and am now imaging M31 which is showing some dust lanes in single subs.

Will probably only grab 20 mins on it, but at f3 that should show something.

Its been without doubt the clearest night I have ever seen... Totally crystal clear.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If it was this good every cloud free night I would definitely buy that imaging gear I can't afford!

Best night I have seen in almost 5 years, even at high mags I am getting no shimmering or loss of focus and LP seems much better than usual.

Just packed in, I think I can see moon light or is it dawn? :)

Archived