Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help please could you criticise this for me

Hi all

Well tonight I decided to have a quick go at a photograph, the orion nebula to be exact, the picture below is what I got after 25 seconds on an iso of 200 on a canon 350D, could you all be so kind (or not as the case may be with the picture) on any tips. The moon is pretty bright as well and my dear old neighbour keeps putting her lights on (no excuse I know for this) but I took 5 like this all roughly the same, would there be anyway of doing anything with it (apart from the bin) Thanks for any replies.

image.jpg

Hi Ya ,Rog here , ok here we go , well for a first start the image is not all bad , so no bin, have to keep these first images as they are good markers as you progress, you are right , this is not the best time for imaging with the 350, that moon will wash just about any detail away, i,m not to bothered about that cus on a moon less night this image would have been a lot better , albeit 25 secs , you need in a moonless night at least a min, for this one , but what does concern me is the stars , weird dont look like tracking so not sure , as the movment shows two stars , maybe a slight movement in your set up , baffed a bit by that , but i think a good start anyway , things can onlt improve ,

Rog

All is not necessarily lost if you do get star trails. You could use something like Focus Magic to adjust motion blur. Here's a (very rough) go I just did in the space of about a minute, not perfect but it gives the general idea.

Haven't done anything else, as what I know about Deep Sky imaging can be written on the head of a pin :lol:

Tony

post-12982-133877326326_thumb.jpg

Archived