Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image with Astro Art 5 software (ngc7000)

rich_t

After using Astro Art 4 for a couple of years I was thinking of switching to something else due to limitations in AA4 (eg, no curves, difficult star reduction, etc). Luckily AA5 has just been released and after playing with the demo, all things I was unhappy with in AA4 have been addressed:) so decided to stick with what I knew.

I've got no new data since so processed my NGC7000 data from last August with AA5 (not used the new stacking algorithms yet, DSS stacked last year).

The new software seems user friendly with some nice functions. Processing for the image below was (roughly!)

Remove Gradient>Vignetting

Multiple histogram stretches

Find Stars then Cosmetic>Compress Stars (run 3 times)

Deconvolution>Richardson Lucy to sharpen the stars

Low Pass filter for noise reduction

Deconvolution>Richardson Lucy to sharpen slightly after the smoothing/noise reduction

More stetching/curves

Did quite a bit of star reduction as they were taking over, especially at the top of the image where there's loads of them.

Exposure was 23*8min with an Atik 383 camera, Baader Ha filter and a Canon 200mm lens at F2.8.

Thanks for looking,

Rich.

Edit: In my browser it looks quite blurry if not at 100%?

post-13484-133877607291_thumb.jpg

Archived