Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar Mosaic - First Attempt (2nd try)

Patw#73

This is my first attempt at a Lunar Mosaic, as I said before I'm reasonably pleased.

I have had to add the photoi as an attachment this time - hope it works and no more black hole photos!

post-16637-133877602585_thumb.jpg

nice first attempt i to am part of the missed a bit club altho i have 1 mosaic that has no parts missing(and not added in ps:D). but just makes you want to get out and try again

hope you dont mind but i had a little play with your pic in ps for me to practice ps really tho not sure if this sort of thing(cheating) is frowned upon in the ap world

i have touched up a couple of my pics this way but on much smaller sections.

star

post-22266-133877603506_thumb.jpg

I'm glad you have had a little play with it...

How did you add in the extra bits?

Particularly the black black sections, it makes the whole picture look a lot neater.

I used photmerge in CS5 to stitch the panes together but couldn't fathom out how to add in the missing areas of sky.

Did you make the alterations to the full size image in the attachment?

If you create a new image, sized greater than your Moon image, then use the bucket tool take a sample of your images background colour and fill the new "blank" with it, you can select your image and copy and paste it over the prepared "blank" background. Crop and tidy up.

Or you can use the clone stamp tool to "add" background to your image.

I'm glad you have had a little play with it...

How did you add in the extra bits?

Particularly the black black sections, it makes the whole picture look a lot neater.

I used photmerge in CS5 to stitch the panes together but couldn't fathom out how to add in the missing areas of sky.

Did you make the alterations to the full size image in the attachment?

in photoshop i just use the paint tool to paint it in ;) some times i get black streaks in the sky and use it to cover them

I'd say the original image supplied by PatW, is alot better. Although it's got pieces missing, the edited image looks way too over sharpened for my liking.

im not to good on photoshop that why i need the practiced ;) but your right looking at it

Archived