NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

at last!

M3 Andy

Well the clouds finally cleared at around 10 last night so I rushed out and setup my new scope.

I was amazed at what I saw, its ashame that I have to be up at 5am else I would of been out all night. Iv deffo got the bug now.

Excellent - I'm chuffed for you :D

That's it now, you'll be getting less and less sleep!

It did seem very clear last night, I expect due to the rain we've been getting. Many more stars visible to the naked eye than normal for me.

I just took some 20x50 binos I've been given (not ideal mag. I know) out for half an hour but due to them being pretty duff (focus seemed to slide off constantly) I didn't see a right lot!

So come on, I'm on tenterhooks, what did you manage to see on your first light?

Haha. I had approximately 10min so I just went to the moon and was well amazed at the clear detail. The goto ran out of battery power after that.

So now I need a plug in leed of some sort. Any ideas mate?

I've got absolutely no idea I'm afraid mate, but there are plenty of very knowledgeable people on here who will be able to help.

I'd suggest you post a new topic in the "Equipment Help" section and I'm sure you'll get some great advice. :D

Haha. I had approximately 10min so I just went to the moon and was well amazed at the clear detail. The goto ran out of battery power after that.

Don't know what sort of GOTO you have buddy, But I've just ordered the Synscan upgrade for the EQ5...And bought this to power it Accessories @ Modern Astronomy

:D

I think with your mount you could get away with the 2 amp powerbrick from Modern Astronomy, but to be sure I'd get the 5 amp. Give Bernard a call and he will sort you out.

Hi, mine is a celestron 127 slt. Sorry I don't no what goto it has. I don't need anything that charges my phone or jump starts my car or even a light just some thing that plugs in the wall.

Archived