Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A lost M81

philj

Whilst tidying up my files I found this from Feb / March I had completely forgotten about it. It was to be LRGB of M81 with at least 2 hours each channel but weather, observing conditions and other commitments knocked that on the head and Ive only got the 2 hours L.

Its through the Meade 127 EDT at F7.5 using the Atik 314L so is nice and big. 2 hours luminence cant remember much more about it.

Its a bit soft due to hazy atmospherics on one of the nights if I remember correctly but its grown on me now and I shall definately save this to add the other channels at a later date.

Philj

post-14930-133877600637_thumb.jpg

Agreed, don't throw that away! I imaged this in my Meade 127 and thought it did very well. It does need a lot of subs though. I went for 15 and 20 minutes on the Luminance this time. It is also worth getting some Ha since the moon is around at the moment.

Olly

Archived