NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is out tonight?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering is there a web-site that lets you know what's in the sky that night, I use a planisphere but it for mainly star hopping. I know there are things you can download but I don't have a laptop and my PC is really really slow, I have a smartphone where I use skymaps to look up at the sky but you have to scan the sky to find out what is up there. if there was a web site that I could use my phone to log on to it then that would be a great help.

Cheers :)

Hi richard, my pc is pretty slow as it's 6-7 yrs old now, but i find stellarium runs most of the time. sometimes though it just freezes right up or the words just get jumbled up. I find that a restart normally sorts everything out. I expect you've already tried this but i thought i'd let you know that you're not on your own. I pray for a laptop landing in my posession every day, no prayers answered yet tho.

As well as the above recommendations, Have you tried the astronomy magazines? The two British magazines are Sky at Night, and Astronomy Now. Both magazines have a monthly planetarium, information on which planets are visible, and suggestions for other targets for the current month. Why non pop down to your local newsagent and see whcih one you prefer...

Archived