Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ST80 arrived!

spanky

ST80 and QHY5 camera arrived today. Just waiting on the cheep n cheerful 2nd hand netbook and then it's hello 300second subs! :)

Was a bit of faffing about trying to attach though. Had a spare piece of dovetail that came with the 150P but the holes didn't line up, so went on a mission round town today to find bolts and a drill bit. All sorted now! ;)

post-24246-13387759924_thumb.jpg

Nice indeed, just like my setup although I have only one ring on the ST80 but that holds it pretty darn tight!

You may find that if you want to connect the QHY5 up nice and tight with the ST80 that you'll need an extension tube.

Best,

Mike

Cheers Mike, if I remember rightly, I read something about using a barlow with the lens removed to get focus? Hopefully I'll be able to experiment in the daylight tomorrow!

Cheers Mike, if I remember rightly, I read something about using a barlow with the lens removed to get focus? Hopefully I'll be able to experiment in the daylight tomorrow!

That could work but going by t-threads it's nice and stable - doesn't move or twist at all.

For now, I reckon you could get it working using the eyepiece and the diagonal.

Best,

Mike

Archived