Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M63 - First one of the night!

Do want to jinx it but I can't believe the spell of good weather we are having, I have even managed to leave my setup out all night!!!

Here is the first image of the night, a RED of M63... More to come in the net few days, hopefully...:)

The BLUE channel is pretty weak as usual:o.

post-15658-133877598229_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877598236_thumb.png

Here is M63, I tried to add a few more subs last night but my power supply blew up! Couldn't take 4 nights of imaging on the run, are well, never mind.

As a result the luminance subs aren't deep enough yet to exposure the loop. But on a positive note I have now cracked the colour balance issue. I have calculated my theoretic colour bias in excel and applied it to the RGB component and what do you know, it worked perfectly!!!

I have also completed my transition to the dark side by actually taking FLATS.:) There is no turning back now!!!

I hope you like the image, I'll be adding more data when I can.

post-15658-133877599575_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877599582_thumb.png

Looking good, Neil. I hate to admit it but after a clear run of nights I sometimes, argh, can't believe I am admitting it, almost wish for the dreaded c word! Curse you, need for sleep!!

I have calculated my theoretic colour bias in excel and applied it to the RGB component and what do you know, it worked perfectly!!!

That process is what I want to build into my app eventually.

Wait until you see my reprocessed M51 including H Alpha!!!!:)

I have now managed to create a procedure for H Alpha that doesn't compromise my star colours or background hue.

I really feel like one of the last pieces of the jigsaw puzzle just fell into place and that I now have a solid image processing workflow that turns good data into good images and not the other way around.

Really really pleased with myself at the moment.;)

very good pic. I live in south devon and the weather has been very naughty for the last week now and i'm really bored. I left my gear out for nearly 2 weeks before the weather changed.

Adamski

Great capture Neil! I really like it! I'll email you to find out how you calculate your colour bias but no big words in the reply please and lots of pictures :D

The colour looks bang on and the detail coming through in the arms is excellent!

It's just started raining here now so that's the end of the good stuff for a couple of days I think :p

Have you posted M51 yet sir?

Matt.

I managed to obtain another 2.5 hours of data last night with 20mins sub's. I was trying to deepen the luminance to bring out the loop. Unfortunately, while the seeing was good the transparency was only average, almost boarder line for imaging.

I figured as the night went on it would get a little better, apparently it didn't!!!

Anyway I have managed to improve the luminance a little so here is the new image.

I have pushed the saturation a little more but the star colours and background have remained unaffected so I'm happy with the colour balance still.

post-15658-133877600984_thumb.jpg

nice effort, I needed over 6 hours of lum to get the loop in mine.

How fast is the telescope?

I'm at F7.7 with my Tak. I have the feeling this is a job for the newt once I get it up and running, since its F4.

In total now this is approaching 4+ hours.

Archived