NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13 after a break

MartinB

I've been away sailing up the east coast and enjoyed fantastic cool but sunny weather. We anchored overnight amongst the Farne Islands and the night sky was superb although I'd had a little too much wine to properly appreciate! Feeling a bit frustrated to be missing out on the imaging bonanza though. Got back Saturday and another 2 good imaging nights which were spent on M13

Scope: 10" LX200 ACF @ F7 on EM200 using SX Active optics

Camera: QSI 532 ws

Astronomic type 2 RGB filters and IDAS LP filter.

R+G 10x300secs and 7x600 Blue 10x400 and 7x800

Captured, calibrated and combined in Maxim. Deconvolved in CCD stack and finished in PS.

When processing I wanted to resolve to the core but without losing the dynamic range, so I've left the core quite bright.

post-12794-133877598067_thumb.jpg

I'm looking out the back window at the East coast a bit further south, the white horses charging up the beach are a sight to behold. Must be blowing 4-5, all that shallow water gets ripped up a treat.

Nice M13 by the way!

Dennis

Corking image Martin, I have had a little go at this myself in luminance only just to get the feel and find that I'm struggling to keep the core resolved but at the same time getting the outer stars to show? it's a bit of a booger isn't it :)

Globs always amaze me, I just can't get my head around the number of stars!

Clear skies mate,

Matt.

Thanks guys. My Earlsman panel seems to be slowly dying and my flats weren't too good. This limited the stretching. I've done some more work and have now been able to stretch things further.

post-12794-133877598075_thumb.jpg

Sparkling image, Martin; a smile lit up on my mush the moment I saw it! I do prefer the first. I feel the core is blown on the second but I know what you mean about presenting the true dynamic range. I felt you had it dead right first time.

I did a second, shorter stretch for my core, using the same data. You have sent me back to it to brighten it up a bit...

Good to see you back.

Olly

Thanks Olly. My image aesthetics consultant i.e. Jackie, went for the 2nd one! Perhaps something in between then with a bit of layering or maybe I could just get a life :)

Archived