Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion StarShoot camera

Hello all, just a quick question. I was thinking of buying the orion starshoot camera/webcam and was wondering if anyone here has used it and how they liked it? I am assuming it will work fine for solar system objects with a manual dob yes? Also to get the proper mag. i would need to use a barlows; a 2x barlow wont give large pics though i imagine. here is a link to the camera; any thoughts or comments are welcomed!!

( Orion Telescopes: Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imaging Camera IV )

I dont have this one badged as Orion but as Pentaflex, it must be very the same camera just badged different as all the specs seem the same and infact I used the orion manual of their website as i mine didnt come with a detailed one.

As for using it, I never got on with maybe cus i was new to AP who knows. I bought a flashed Philips SPC900NC and this has been excellent and there are a lot of people on here that use these and I think they come in a bit below the Orion $99 price tag too. Just be carefull were you get them from lots on fleabay and not all good ones.

Archived