Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyShed POD Arrived!

fatwoul

Yes, had to shorten the last strip. All seems ok so far, but still haven't had more than drizzle to test the seal.

My Walls aren't entirely level either, but the dome runs fine.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a mysterious parcel this morning...

...from Altair Astro...

...A replacement L-seal!

I wasn't expecting that until well after the summer, and certainly wasn't expecting to get it free of charge. It was, afterall, my own fault the original seal isn't fit properly.

The parcel is so mysterious that I don't know who to thank, but Nick, Ian and Wayne, thank you all for your support. I continue to be really impressed with your service and help.

• 4 months later...

Hi Carole, its good to see you on SGL, we have communicated a little on the SkyPOD groups, I have recently move my dome as I had mine too offset and was struggling when viewing north something I do more than I thought I would, luckily I only used Lexel on the joints and not the base, I had used clear sealer on the base so was able to slice that and move, I too had dome bracket clash but have managed to stop that by removing all but 2 of the fixing down bolts which allows a small amount of movement in the walls, also I removed 2 of the dome brackets so only have 3 instead of 5, that made a difference, I have a dome cover as I haven't managed to stop all of the leaks around the pivot brackets no matter what tried, I have used all 3 suggested different methods from the group, it did reduce the leaks but on nights where we had really heavy downpours it still came in, a cover is the answer, but do you struggle to put it back in place? I have just started imaging and image processing within the last week and have posted my results in the album section, I have always been impressed with your results.

Fatwoul can I ask which part of devon you are and if you have contact with the Taunton guy as I live in West Somerset not that far from Taunton.

Hi Pidge, What's your name on SkyPod forum, I'll take a look at your album if I can find it?

Fatwoul, sorry your thread has got highjacked here. Still we are all POD owners together.

Yes I have made myself a dome cover for the really bad weather as I got leaks when it is heavy rain, though I have not had to use it for a while, and yes it is difficult to put it on, but I made loops and weights for the far side and lift it on with a clothes prop, and the weights pull it down the other side. Aftsr a slight struggle it goes on OK.

Carole

Hi Pidge, What's your name on SkyPod forum, I'll take a look at your album if I can find it?

Fatwoul, sorry your thread has got highjacked here. Still we are all POD owners together.

I am sorry Fatwoul too for barging in here, my name on SkyPod is pidge1133, I guess we are all in the same boat well POD!

Archived