Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader MPCC

pook

Pook, I see you have the same scope as me - Sw 150P. I struggle to understand where the MPCC fits. Does its position change depending on visual for photo use.

When I have looked at the MPCC Visual & Photographic Edition I struggle to understand how the varioys bit assemble to the scope or camera - in my case a Canon 450D

For photo use, you only use the MPCC itself, not the spacers. Just fit your T adapter to the threaded end of the MPCC and then attach to your camera and then insert the other end in your 2" draw tube (remove the 1.25" adapter)

The other spacer attachments are for visual use with various baader eyepieces. Which one depends on which EP you use. The instructions give settings for baader EPs, but if you use others you need to measure from the field stop of the EP to the marking on the MPCC.

http://www.baader-planetarium.com/pdf/mpcc_e.pdf

That PDF gives diagrams.

I don't actually use it for viewing however... just for imaging.

• 1 year later...

The other spacer attachments are for visual use with various baader eyepieces. Which one depends on which EP you use. The instructions give settings for baader EPs, but if you use others you need to measure from the field stop of the EP to the marking on the MPCC.

Could anyone confirm the various spacers and rings that come with Baader MPCC visual/photographic set are a must for visual use with any eyepieces whatsoever or only as optional accessories to be able to use it with some eyepieces in particular (if so - what EPs?).

Archived