Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 Tripod question

Rob

Can anyone tell me what size bolt comes with an EQ6 tripod the screws into the bottom of the EQ6 mount!!.

Is it a metric or funky imperial job?. The EQ5 clone that I own has a metric bolt that clamps the tripod to the mount, the EQ3 has what looks to be a metric bolt. :?

Thanks

Rob

Right'o. so M12?. as in thread size is that?... any chance of a picture (I know it sounds odd) I'm trying to match with my German EQ5 clone, which is clearly different to Skywatcher on the bolts & treads.

Thanks Rob

OK, so here goes.

The head is held on by a central threaded rod with a knob for hand tightening. This is a metric thread M12 size.

The top of the tripod is 129mm diameter and has a large circular depressed middle. This is 65.3mm diameter and 4.6mm deep. In the middle of that is a hole 29.75mm diameter and 35mm deep.

Oddly the head is not a very tight fit in either of these, the larger spigot on the underside of the head is 64.9mm diameter, so 0.4mm of slop, and the "pin" section is 29.4mm diameter so 0.35mm of slop. Here's a photo of it. The sticky up bit is removable.

image.jpg

HTH

Captain Chaos

Archived