SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Urgent help recquired!

I was thinking to get one Skywatcher Explorer 150P with EQ3-2 mount for £280 which I'd have used mostly for viewing and little photography.

But just now I have found Celestron NexStar 90 SLT for £279

I dont know how good that'd be but, a mak is always a better option that's what I've been informed! What do you people think would be wise to get?

get the 150p for visual work apparture is the most important thing. a 90mm mak will work great on the moon will be ok on planets, ok on bright clusters, ok on doubles the 150 will be better on all of those things except maybe the moon and you will get a few nebulas thrown in for good measure.

get the 150p for visual work apparture is the most important thing. a 90mm mak will work great on the moon will be ok on planets, ok on bright clusters, ok on doubles the 150 will be better on all of those things except maybe the moon and you will get a few nebulas thrown in for good measure.
Hi Mehraj,

Go with the 150mm scope - far superior for what you want. Remember, pay for the optics first.... then you'll never be disappointed at the eyepiece.

Dan

Yes, the 150p, as above think optic's first when buying.

I knew 150P's aperture would be great for visual work, but didn't have a clue about the moon, planets or bright clusters. Thanks for for your advice Rowan. Also suggest me, if I wait for a sale or something, would it (150P) be cheaper in FLO? They have just reduced prices(around £30 at least) for some scopes. Do you think its worthy to wait a while?

Flo certainly have a policy of price matching and they do offer a discount fo beng a member here - alas this offer does NOT include products from Skywatcher. Would I buy now? I would say yes and also to buy from FLO, as a good retailer is worth more than the difference of a couple of quid you might find elsewhere. The best way of seeking out a real bargain though is to reach 50 posts and one month's membership in order to have access to the 'FOR SALE' section on this forum which might well have this scope for sale. However, there are no guarantees that the scope you want will come up in the near future and will ultimately depend on how patient you are.

Hope that helps

James

Flo certainly have a policy of price matching and they do offer a discount fo beng a member here - alas this offer does NOT include products from Skywatcher. Would I buy now? I would say yes and also to buy from FLO, as a good retailer is worth more than the difference of a couple of quid you might find elsewhere. The best way of seeking out a real bargain though is to reach 50 posts and one month's membership in order to have access to the 'FOR SALE' section on this forum which might well have this scope for sale. However, there are no guarantees that the scope you want will come up in the near future and will ultimately depend on how patient you are.

Hope that helps

James

Thanks James for your advice. I can actually wait, but at the same time I am thinking when I am going to order after my 1 months membership here, FLO could run out of stocks for 150P

:)

Check on ebay and you should be able to find a lower price, although mine came from FLO it was only £239 for SW150PL with tripod, mount and ep's, end of feb i got it so you should still be able to find one at that price. Good luck.

Adamski

Check on ebay and you should be able to find a lower price, although mine came from FLO it was only £239 for SW150PL with tripod, mount and ep's, end of feb i got it so you should still be able to find one at that price. Good luck.

Adamski

I have been keeping an eye on ebay ever since I joined this forum and decided to get one 150P but nothing came up cheaper than FLO. Also a crayford focuser and x2 barlow lens is being supplied with 150P from FLO but not from ebay. :)

Archived