Tal 100RS - anyone know a stockist that has them?

Greetings from the Cotswolds!

Newbie here, just getting started with astronomy and I'm looking for a decent but simple scope to get me going.

I know there's not a jack of all trades with regard to telescopes, but I've decided on the TAL 100RS - typically, I can't find anyone who has it in stock.

Does anyone know anyone who does, or perhaps point me in the direction of a used one? (Being a newbie, I don't have access to the buy/sell section here). I'd like it with the Tal wooden equatorial mount.

Many thanks!

Hi Dodge

I don't think you will find any stock of the RS anywhere in the UK. They are not expected back in stock until the autumn. I don't think they are sold new with the wooden tripod any more but not a bad thing as it is much more stable on a EQ5 anyway. F15 Rules has a nice one listed in the for sale section at the minute. You say you don't have enough posts to access it yet but if you look for an old post of his you could pm him and i'm sure he would email you some pics.

Warehouse Express are showing stock.....

Tal 100RS (2-inch version) Tube Assembly (589) - Warehouse Express

I would suggest a phone call to confirm :)

You will need to source a suitable mount for it, I suspect they would do a package if you asked.

They seem to offer competetive prices on astro gear but I cannot comment further having never bought from them.

Archived