Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Took the plunge : Bought PixInsight

Catanonia

Trail ran out tonight and I have been using it constantly.

Well, it is good, so I have bought the software.

£150 for software...... worth it.... yeah definately and Mr Blackjack helped :)

Recommended by me. PI not BJ :(

Indeed if you want to get the best out of your data then its worthwhile

I find the DBE tool the best :)

Me too, along with background neutralization. And colour calibration. And that fantastic defence agains the random greens, SCNR. This is going to turn into, 'What did the Romans ever do for us...'

Olly

Hey Game on!! ................................

I'd like to be able to stack my images in PI as easily as I can in DSS without trying to debayer etc. Is there any way that can be more automatic?

That's the main one I can think of at the moment!! The thing is, I think that PI is an excellent programme, but I am probably only scratching the top 0.1% of what it can do due to ignorance. If I'm honest, there is a bit of an expectation from me that by paying £150 for a brilliant piece of software it would some with some form of manual - Or more video tutorials of course!!!

I personally would love to see the following video Harry.

"A video taking R G B + L separate stacks (already stacked and flattened in DSS) and how to combine them to create a colour balanced image"

I still do this in MaximDL (might use PI to align the stacks as it is better) and I would really like to use PI to more of its capabilities.

A quick short video, take the 4 stacks and produce a colour balanced LRGB with them before any DBE etc etc.

If you could do this, it would be great. All of my efforts have been pants so far at doing it, so I must be doing something wrong.

Hey Game on!! ................................

I'd like to be able to stack my images in PI as easily as I can in DSS without trying to debayer etc. Is there any way that can be more automatic?

That's the main one I can think of at the moment!! The thing is, I think that PI is an excellent programme, but I am probably only scratching the top 0.1% of what it can do due to ignorance. If I'm honest, there is a bit of an expectation from me that by paying £150 for a brilliant piece of software it would some with some form of manual - Or more video tutorials of course!!!

Hi

There is a script to make things a bit easier , but its not quite right yet.

Pi intergration is excellent and has very powerful image weighing and pixel rejection routines:headbang:, at the moment I use AA4 to calibrate my images the Pi to do the rest.:)

I will do a video for this when it is totally right , as for instructions there are some inc but more work from mr PI is required here.

Regards Harry

I personally would love to see the following video Harry.

"A video taking R G B + L separate stacks (already stacked and flattened in DSS) and how to combine them to create a colour balanced image"

I still do this in MaximDL (might use PI to align the stacks as it is better) and I would really like to use PI to more of its capabilities.

A quick short video, take the 4 stacks and produce a colour balanced LRGB with them before any DBE etc etc.

If you could do this, it would be great. All of my efforts have been pants so far at doing it, so I must be doing something wrong.

Hi Yes I can do this but getting the colour completely right does inc DBE and colour calibration, but it is fairly easy to do what maxim does ( which is balance the background).

Also you do not add the lum to the RGB at the linear stage you process them separately and add them together towards the end of processing

Watch this space :)

Harry

Hi Yes I can do this but getting the colour completely right does inc DBE and colour calibration, but it is fairly easy to do what maxim does ( which is balance the background).

Also you do not add the lum to the RGB at the linear stage you process them separately and add them together towards the end of processing

Watch this space :)

Harry

Most excellent Harry, your vids are what helped me get into PI and they should pay you :(

Looking forward to whatever you can give to help.

If you want I can supply some stacks of LRGB

Archived