Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Tripod LED's

Maplin sell a range of flashing leds... I use some of these with a series resitor and araldited them to a PP3 battery clip... bit of stick and stick velcro on the tripod leg and the opposite side on the battery is all that's needed to mount them...

Think i used them once or twice before the novelty wore off....

Billy...

Telescope House sell them as "Red Alert LED Markers" for £18.37. If you keen to make your own as Billy has indicated, you could find some detailed instructions in March edition of The Sky At Night Magazine, pages 76-7. In fact it might be worth checking out their website to see if the instructions are on there as well.

As markers you could attach them to anything that you don't want your feet to engage with (...other half reckons I could attach one to my mouth to stop me putting my foot in it it but we'll leave that for another thread!)

Hope that helps.

James

Telescope House sell them as "Red Alert LED Markers" for £18.37. If you keen to make your own as Billy has indicated, you could find some detailed instructions in March edition of The Sky At Night Magazine, pages 76-7. In fact it might be worth checking out their website to see if the instructions are on there as well.

As markers you could attach them to anything that you don't want your feet to engage with (...other half reckons I could attach one to my mouth to stop me putting my foot in it it but we'll leave that for another thread!)

Hope that helps.

James

Hi James, Just ordered the Sky at Night (makes 6 items) "kit" (£9.99) from (as mentiuoned in the article) Rapid. Free postage offer if you spent over £10, so I also ordered a few "spares".

Thanks for your help !

Archived