Saturn pic from about 5 mins ago

Hi there. To get that image took a fair bit of fiddling with the focuser, as I only have a standard one and not a fancy Crayford or anything. Other than that I used SharpCap to capture an .avi of around 2500 frames, I had the SPC880 set at 5 frames per second only and spent sometime fiddling with the exposure, gain and other settings. My webcam had a skywatcher 2x barlow in the nosepiece and was then slid into my GSO 2.5x barlow at the time, however I have now got a Revelation 5x barlow which i will be trying tonight :)

When using Registax I chose a frame that looked sharp then put the quality setting at 90% and aligned etc.

Hope this helps :eek:

PS: I forgot to mention that I have removed the LED from my Philips SPC880, not sure it helps but I know it has been mentioned in several threads.

Yes I will be imaging with it, I dont believe that using a 5x barlow is recommended for observing with an eyepiece. If just observing I use my BST Explorer eyepieces which I love to bits.

No photos tonight though as my new neighbours decided to start burning stuff on a bonfire grrrrrrrr! Still fingers crossed for a clear night tomorrow.

Archived