NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M35 and NGC2158

ollypenrice

This is the first object at which I ever pointed a CCD camera - quite a long time ago! This new crop comes from our TEC140/Atik 11000/Avalon Linear setup and is destined to form part of a widefield project still ongoing. However, it's fun to try to give a cluster image the 'eyepiece sparkle' even though you'll never succeed. So here are the clusters given centre stage.

Olly

Higher res: https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-x4SBcrF/0/O/M35%20and%20NGC2158%20web.jpg

M35%20and%20NGC2158%20web-L.jpg

great shot, curious after the project you mentioned

That's the idea!!!!  :evil:

No, I can't play that way.   :angel8:  The idea is to go from M35, down through the Jellyfish to the Monkey Head. Dual focal lengths to tickle up the resolution in the tasty bits.

Olly

It looks really nice, glittering stars as in a good eyepiece. One comment - it looks completely different on my iPad compared to this (good quality Dell) computer monitor, there is way more saturation on the iPad. I've no doubt it will look different again on the 4k monitor in the Obs - which begs the question: How did you intend it to look :-)

ChrisH

It looks really nice, glittering stars as in a good eyepiece. One comment - it looks completely different on my iPad compared to this (good quality Dell) computer monitor, there is way more saturation on the iPad. I've no doubt it will look different again on the 4k monitor in the Obs - which begs the question: How did you intend it to look :-)

ChrisH

Well, I have two screens, one set to a higher gamma as a 'fault finder,' and I just get them to look right on those and home for the best! I did go for strong star colour because a) I usually do and b ) I thought the sprinkling of foreground blue stars in front of the evolved NGC2158 was rather a surpise. (I'm guessing that this is the explanation for the blue stars 'in' the small cluster.)

Olly

Archived