Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skytee 2 worm gear adjustment

yeoman102

I had some free play develop in my Skytee2. It was easily sorted out by stripping back everything at the clamp ends which eventually reveals some grub screws on the axes. Tightening these sorted the problem.

I am a bit rushed and this is a rubbish explanation but I have some pictures I took at the time (not least in case I got in a mess trying to put it back together again) but it really is a very straight forwards process. It is also worth cleaning up and regreasing the Teflon washers when in there. I will find the pictures over the weekend and post them up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some free play develop in my Skytee2. It was easily sorted out by stripping back everything at the clamp ends which eventually reveals some grub screws on the axes. Tightening these sorted the problem.

I am a bit rushed and this is a rubbish explanation but I have some pictures I took at the time (not least in case I got in a mess trying to put it back together again) but it really is a very straight forwards process. It is also worth cleaning up and regreasing the Teflon washers when in there. I will find the pictures over the weekend and post them up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. The free play is on the azimuth slow motion gears. Altitude is fine as I took the end plate off and tightened the grub screws on the  black bit underneath. I cant see how to get at the  azimuth gears.

Clive

I had my skytee ut last night and for the first time i noticed it has a lot of movement in the azimuth axis so i will be looking at this.

This may explain why i did not get on with the 200p on this mount

Archived