Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skytee2 basic strip-down

ampleamp

Please see thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/248199-skytee-2-worm-gear-adjustment/as I found it necessary to adjust my Skytee2. Ultimately I found that there were two fairly simple adjustments necessary for my own mount, but I stripped it down and cleaned everyting up anyway. Hope someone finds it useful.

I have had to split the word doc into various jpgs as the formatting went all over the place when i copied into the text box; file also attached.

post-6611-0-30636600-1437855219_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-71725100-1437855220_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-09081600-1437855222_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-13270100-1437855223_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-27449800-1437855224_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-69012700-1437855225_thumb.jp

post-6611-0-74162400-1437855226_thumb.jp

Skytee2 strip.docx

Thanks for this :smile:  I had mine out last night and it has a bit of backlash which I can probably live with, but I'd really like to make it move much more easily when the clutches are undone.  Is there an easy way to do this do you think?

Many thanks

Helen

Thanks for the comments guys.

Helen, I am just a tinkerer, but you may have a dirty washer or lack of grease issue. I also found mine had metal filings and other rubbish accumulated in and around the threads so possibly that as well; definitely worth checking as I suspect just cleaning mine also made a difference.

• 2 years later...
On 30/07/2015 at 21:55, ampleamp said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Helen, I am just a tinkerer, but you may have a dirty washer or lack of grease issue. I also found mine had metal filings and other rubbish accumulated in and around the threads so possibly that as well; definitely worth checking as I suspect just cleaning mine also made a difference.

Thanks for that, I've had my Skytee 2 for a few months now and it seems to be working fine apart from the sticky "Synta Glue" which seems to stiffen up the operation when its cold.

As a matter of interest what grease did you use when you re-assembled it? I have seen on previous threads that bicycle grease has been used.

Cheers Jock

47 minutes ago, osbourne one-nil said:

I was wondering the same thing but happened to come across this as I flexed my credit card this morning. 

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-equatorial-mount-grease-kit.html

There's an interesting 'Grease' thread on this forum August last year which mentions the Geoptik two part grease amongst other lubes.

• 11 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I felt I had to thank the OP "Ampleamp" for taking the trouble to create such a useful document.

I scoured the Internet looking for technical details on my newly acquired (used) SkyTee and could find nothing, not even a user guide.  Then I found this thread, excellent, exactly what I was hoping for.

I've taken the liberty of converting the original word doc to PDF format (an exact copy), all credit still to AmpleAmp. ?

Skytee2 strip.pdf

Archived