Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

purchase USB2EQ6 cable

Alec,

Google EQMOD and you should find a universal set of drivers under the yahoo group. There is an external link available through the ASCOM site. You'll also need the latest ASCOM standard 6.1 I believe. Should just work. You may need to hunt down your assigned OS Comm port under control panel/device manager.

Once installed you will need to interface with the driver through your planetarium /or similar software. Select the EQMOD from there and once connected ensure your longitude/latitude are correct and BST selected. If you would like to simplify alignment take a look as Astro tortilla which can make the N-star alignment a doddle. Also recommend you try the pulse guide route if autoguiding.

There is a bit of learning and the accompanying docs are of a good standard.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin

I have downloaded ASCOm 6.1 and EQASCOM but I am unsure which driver I need to match the AZ EQ6 mount. The ASCOM document lists a whole host of drivers and downloads and I am not sure which to download?

Peter/Ian Thanks 

I have ordered the cable from FLO

Regards

Alec

Thanks Martin

I have downloaded ASCOm 6.1 and EQASCOM but I am unsure which driver I need to match the AZ EQ6 mount. The ASCOM document lists a whole host of drivers and downloads and I am not sure which to download?

Peter/Ian Thanks 

I have ordered the cable from FLO

Regards

Alec

It is EQASCOM that drives the mount through the ASCOM platform, no other drivers are necessary.

Thanks Peter

All a bit confusing. As soon as I get the cable I will give it a go. Hopefully I will be one of many who say that they wished they had set this up right from the start.

Currently I use a ASI120Mc as the guide camera connected directly to the mount and back to the laptop via a usb cable and use PHD to guide. If I change over so that PHD guides through EQMOD what connections are required from the ASI120?

Alec

Archived