NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

looking for ...dome drive wheels

skybadger

Hi

I'm building a dome drive for a Pulsar old type dome that drives on the inside edge of the internal lip. I made some alloy wheels and put a tread on them but still they are not quite grippy enough.

Can anyone point me at a source of rubber tyred wheel (solid or inflated) of about 65mm diameter that I can mount on a 6mm gear shaft?

The tyre needs to be quite grippy on a smoothish gfrp surface. They are being pressed on using springs in linear bushes butt only from one side . I can't use idlers due to the frame projections on the inside.

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

Will be doing this myself fairly soon with a newer Pulsar, so driving on the outside of the flange which does make life a lot easier!

I intend to glue T10 timing belting to the dome flange and drive this with a suitable pinion. I know of several other Pulsar domes that use this method with great success. The belting and pinions can be bought from beltingonline.com - there are other suppliers as well but these people have a good selection.

Regards, Hugh

I like the T10 belting product - my own design (never implemented for numerous reasons mainly time related!) was to utilise second hand Subaru Impreza cam belts (of which I had several as I change my Impreza belts very regularly :cool: ).

Huw that's really helpful. Who sells them in the UK ?

Mike

Good question. Technobots have stopped selling them 'for commercial reasons'

Robotshop sell them, but they are in France I think.

Might be worth dropping a mail to Technobots, they might have some stock left

BTW Mike, my dome drive was based on yours anyway :grin:

Huw

Hi Horwig,

seems what goes around comes around !

in the end I have bought some options from robotics.com and (re) discovered skate wheels are just the right size. Need a 'stick' soft surface though.

cheers

Mike

Archived