Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Luna through a 12" dob!

Wow, wow and wow... A few hours ago I took in my first view of the moon from my new dob. It was the first quarter. The clarity, color and sheer detail is breathtaking. With a Junk 9mm Plossl details were amazing and the moon did not move quickly from view. All in all, I only had about 15 minutes. I am so glad I made the effort. Can not wait to view the moon again. Next time I will give a more detailed description.

For an object that (nominally) doesn't change much, the moon is an endless (all right, an 18-year long cycle) source of changing light and shadow.  I'm sure you will have many more evenings of delight with your scope on this object. Not to mention all those other wonderful sights it will give you.

I spend most of my time on the moon , and every night seems like the first there's more shadows than you could dream of ,there's many shades of white,grey,white ,

Craters also change with shadows by the hour try the moore moon challenges there a great way to find you way round I like filters as well I found my neodymium filter helps a good moon app or book helps loads .I prefer books that scope of yours should let you see a lot of the dso s that are out there

Pat

Archived