Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First moon image

You can get some pretty awesome images of the moon with a webcam. I got some REALLY detailed shots using a webcam adapter I got off of ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webcam-Adaptor-Fit-1-25-Eyepiece-Tube-Holder-Built-in-Filter-BNC-Sale-/141449121210?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item20ef064dba - removed the webcam lens and screwed in the adapter - then just put the whole lot in place of the scope eyepiece (focused it by using the laptop - amazing)

Yea this is prime focus. Lens removed just adaptor not finished. Those you linked to will the fit the Logitech C270? On this web cam the thread is slightly inside the case.

I had a logitec webcam that had lens inside the case (cant remember which model; though it was a cheepie from Tesco) - I took off the case, removed the lens and put it back together; I could still get the adapter on the lens threads through the case

Well here are a couple of shots not I have a decent adaptor and I'm quite pleased with the results. Using registax in basic mode, I think I can't get any better without a better focuser.  Still can't wait for Jupiter and Saturn.

post-39584-0-76438000-1414957664_thumb.j

post-39584-0-65051100-1414957681_thumb.j

Did you use a barlow with the webcam?

No. I did try but it seemed to be way out. Nevermind. Will just have to practice with registax. I was using my uber powerful cad machine at work to do some and got some reasonable results. Saying that if I made one of my better captures available would any of the more experienced users mind having a go then I can see how I'm getting on.

Archived