Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1:1 Pixel Crop of M33 - Triangulum Galaxy

StuartJPP

I have been playing around with the data captured recently of M33, but this time I have decided to concentrate on just the core which this is a 1:1 pixel crop of the original image (if the uploader doesn't resize it). Quite pleased with the results considering the short subs, the 500mm focal length and total integration time...I think.

This is one tricky target and I will revisit it and collect more data when possible.

Same kit as before...Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 500mm f/4 L IS, AstroTrac TT320X (unguided), 31x 120 second lights (@ ISO 1600)

I think this would come out really nice with a modified full frame camera...oh and a "proper" mount :)

post-27141-0-94080300-1409605038_thumb.p

That really is good.

The only thing I could suggest would be to neutralize the background sky a little more. Although it's very dark it still looks slightly 'colour busy' on my screen, more in the bottom half than the top. Maybe just selecting it and reducing the saturation would help. Or Background Neutraization in PI?

But what an imaging triumph from super-portable kit!

Olly

Thanks guys...

Lovely image with 2 min subs! Surely this is not a 1:1 crop tho?

If you click the image it should bring up a 1600x1070 image which is the crop of the centre of the image.

That really is good.

The only thing I could suggest would be to neutralize the background sky a little more. Although it's very dark it still looks slightly 'colour busy' on my screen, more in the bottom half than the top. Maybe just selecting it and reducing the saturation would help. Or Background Neutraization in PI?

But what an imaging triumph from super-portable kit!

Olly

Thanks Olly...will have a play with it...

Archived