SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hyperions in a SW 250px Dob....

Andy78

i had your scope and had Hyperion aspheric 31mm in it and this combo performed OK. Hyperions are not very keen on fast scopes so expect a bit of a softness on edges and distortion.Fast scope is fast scope mate.i would personally not use hyperions but  for the same price tag of 98 quid what hyperion cost would opt for Explore scientific 82 deg range.They are only a few quid more but will perform much better.They do also appear on s/h market quit often.Much better investment and more sort of future proof EP for your scope.

I've used Hyperions and Hyperion Aspherics and they don't do well in the outer 30% of the field of view with my F/5.3 dobsonian. Your F/4.7 10" is harsher than my scope on eyepieces.

As said, the ES 68's would be a better bet.

The Hyperions are nicely made and thought through eyepieces but just not well enough corrected for fast scopes.

Archived