Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whirlpool + Needle captured by LodestarLive

nytecam

Don't often post here as my exposures are extraordinary brief to the norm hereabout but thought they may be of interest.  Here goes with last night's Whirlpool M51 + annotated negative version in CVn and the Needle gx NGC4565 in Coma.  Used my obsy 30cm SCT @ f/3.4 + SX Lodestar-Mx2 CCD cam captured under LodestarLive s/ware developed by Paul81 of this forum.   Auto darks applied by no flats.

The Lodestar-Mx2 is the new chipped Sony 829 series used as a prime imager [rather than guider] with about double the 'speed' of the earlier version so ideally suited to my brief exposures viewed on the laptop in live-mode with many DSOs captured in a brief session - data on image.  Hope they're of interest  :police:

post-21003-0-03788000-1398763704_thumb.j

post-21003-0-33886600-1398763716_thumb.j

post-21003-0-40631200-1398763890_thumb.j

Very good images

I really like what I've seen of Lodestar Live. If ever I was to step into the murky waters of imaging that 's what I would like to try. The camera is not expensive and I like the results of the shorter exposures which are more closely related to what we can see.

The software works on Macs too, which I have. So, one day......

Meanwhile keep posting your results - excellent and always interested to see what people are achieving with the Lodestar set up.

Kerry

Archived