Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aligning stacked LRGB frames

Many of the tutorials on combining RGB or LRGB frames seem to start with the words "Stack and align your frames (Maxim DL can do this)" or something along those lines. I'm not being very successful at finding instructions on how one might go about aligning frames without the use of Maxim DL however. It looks like Atik's "Dawn" can do it, but that's already had me beating my head against a wall.

Are there other ways to do it, and if so, how?

James

James, if you use DSS you can use the same reference frame for each stack.

Load your Ls and right click on one of them and select this as the reference frame. Stack as normal. Now load your Rs AND the frame you used as the reference from the Ls. Tick all the Rs to be stacked but DO NOT tick the L. Right click on the L and select as your reference. Stack as normal. Repeat for Gs and Bs. You will now have a set of four stacks (LRGB) that are all aligned as they have all used the same reference frame.

Archived