Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 reprocessed 1/6/12

tich

I've had another go at reprocessing the 2 hours 43 minutes of data I've got & I think it's improved on the first one that I posted;

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/187351-dumbbell-nebula-1613/#entry1952822

However the stars still have no colour & I didn't touch the black levels this time so I'm still in the dark as to why unless I need to restack the data in DSS & start again but it seems to be showing up more nebulosity this time around. I have also installed GradientXterminator which has helped as gradients have always been an issue.

DumbbellReprocessed_zps3b34df88.jpg

DumbbellReprocessedCropped_zps6a024afb.jpg

Thanks Michael, I've still much to learn but I'm getting there slowly I just need to figure out a way of getting more colour from the stars.

Thanks Andy, there was no moon around on this occasion maybe because it doesn't really get dark until the early hours might have something to do with it. I have since restacked & reprocessed these images again tonight as there was no chance of getting out due to total cloud cover & I managed to get this from it.

967123_10151516198378434_202685597_o.jpg

965640_10151516207103434_1811528532_o.jpg

There appears to be more colour showing in the stars this time so I seem to be getting there, but I think I need a coma corrector due to odd shaped stars near the edge but I can live with it for now.

Thanks, I guess the more I mess about with photoshop the better I'll get although more data will always help. I can't wait to use my modded DSLR on my next imaging session.

Archived