NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher AZ EQ6-GT firmware update and instructions

FLO

Skywatcher have announced a new V3.32 firmware update for the AZ EQ6-GT mount which includes a Polar Alignment feature that enables the user to polar align in EQ mode without aligning Polaris in the polarscope. A number of other enhancements and updates are included.

Skywatcher "strongly recommend" owners of the AZ EQ6-GT mount upgrade to the V3.32 firmware.

Skywatcher have also released a new updated hand controller instruction manual which covers the V3.32 enhancements.

For instruction manuals and a link to the firmware update please see the Skywatcher AZ EQ6-GT product description at our website.

skywatcher_az_eq6-gt_front.jpg

I've just realised that the power lead that connects to the mount (the new screw on type one), won't connect direct to my Synscan for doing a firmware update - it has a different end!

Can you point me to a lead that I can buy which will power my handset for the update? Actually, while you're at it, can you direct me to a RS232 to USB cable as well??

Many thanks

• 9 months later...

I am trying to do the firmware update for my AZ-EQ6 Skywatcher device and things are not going well.

It is the file that I have downloaded.  I am using Windows Vista and the file I end up with ends with SWF (I think)... but is the latest one available from Skywatcher.

I have everything hooked up and I click on this downloaded file (after it is unzipped) and I get this error:

"CX_FREEZE:PYTHON ERROR IN MAIN SCRIPT"

What do I do now?

"CX_FREEZE:PYTHON ERROR IN MAIN SCRIPT"

What do I do now?

I don't know, but I know a man who does. Please email us (email in signature). I'll make sure my colleague SteveB sees it when we reopen in the morning :smiley:

Unless another techy type sees this and knows the answer... ? 

ve1drg, we haven't received an email from you, have you solved the problem? 

If not, can you please make a screenshot of the error message? We think what you have posted is only the title of the error, we will need the full message if we are to help :smiley:

Steve 

Archived