NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ced 214 in Ha

swag72

Here is the start of a work in progress - Ced214. I am hoping that now the moon is moving in my favour I would like to add OIII and SII. I may also try some RGB just to add as a star layer. That's the idea anyway!! It was nice to do something with a bit of detail as my last couple of nights have been wasted on something so faint that even 30 min subs pulled out virtually nothing!

Details:

M: HEQ5

T: Pentax 75SDHF

C: Atik 314L+ with 7nm Baader Ha filter

Taken at zero degrees, I couldn't get the camera any colder last night!

19 x 1200s (6hr 20min) with no calibration frames.

Would welcome any thoughts or comments on this.

post-5681-0-49521700-1344333704_thumb.jp

It's a lovely image Sara, so much going on in there with columns, pillars, dust sheets. I also applaud you for tackling some of the lesser-known imaging targets. As you've shown with CED214 (also known as SH2-171 or NGC 7822) many of these are really great imaging targets and deserve more attention. Well done!

Thank you all for your comments - I was pleased with how the pillars came out and I love the lesser known targets. Sometimes it doesn't pay off, I wasted 12 hours on a very faint one that is only fit for the bin! I have some hopes for this one in narrowband and RGB for star colours. It's whether my processing skills can keep up - That's the issue now!!

Archived