Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarum Ocular Views for Sw Super LPs

Has anyone else found the images in the Stellarium ocular views for the SW Super-MA 25mm and 10mm EP's a bit smaller than expected?

I have inputed the following values:

SW25mm: aFOV=50, Fl=25, Fs=0

SW10mm: aFOV=52, Fl=10, Fs=0

With the 10mm I can see a lot more of Saturn than the programme seems to indicate. Maybe it's something to do with brightness? I have my scope in correctly.

Also - does anyone know how to correctly input a 9x50 finderscope?

• 1 year later...

There is a brightness setting in Stellarium, but I find the view never matches the actual view for planets.

If you go to the settings tinker with the star sizes as it will reduce the blinding brightness of the planets (but causes the sky to look odd).

Finderscope: Just ad a eyepiece with f=telescope-focallength/9 and the afov specified (should be in the shops offering 9x50 finders).

The ocular plugin for Stellarium isn't that good. The problem of scaling the actual stars has been solved but there appear to be other problems. Like it is quite unable to cope with a 9mm 72deg Apof eyepiece.

Archived