Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

G227 digital eyepiece, anyone tried it

saw this ad on ebay for a digital eyepiece and wondered if anyone had any feedback on them.

Digital Eyepiece for Telescope - View and Record to Computer Fast Delivery. | eBay

i'm looking for a fairly cheap webcam to try my hand at astrophotography just to start me off. i know the philips are supposed to be good but they are going for over £100 second hand on ebay. can any one recommend an alternative that will run on windows 7.

cheers chris.

Hi, I have been using one of these for about a year and find it just great, I have the Phillips but I much prefer the G227 (I dont have the luxury of any astro shops near me). I cant fault the unit, I get nice clear and contrasty results, it comes with some software but it runs ok with Sharpcap and all the other programs. For me its been a good buy - it does all that is claimed.

Cheers Paul

• 1 year later...

Hello. They're still selling these on Ebay. http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649 I came across this one today so I dropped in on the forum to see if there was any experience of them.

I'm always wary of bargains because it's usually true that you get what you pay for. On this occasion I'll go with Aussi Skywatcher's advice and add it to my Farther's day pressie list!

Anyone else got one?

Archived