NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pixinsight help - stacking RGB

I have 13 RGB (from my QHY8) FIT's, I have calibrated them with a master BIAS, and then stacked but the resulting image is greyscale. If I open the Screen Transfer Function I can see that the RGB chanels have a red cross next to them - I assume I have missed a tick box or something that allows me to stack RGB but I cant see where:confused::(:confused:

I Debayer after Calibration.

For my SXVR-H9C I use Bilinear for the Bayer method and BGGR for the Bayer / Mosaic pattern.

The pattern could be different for the QHY8.

I struggled to find any information for my camera and the only way was through trial and error.

I went through all the patterns and processed each test up to Histogram Stretch.

Finally arriving at the correct pattern.

Figured it all out - When I was debayering I was using an image container and dragging it to the debayer process. This seemed to work asI could open the debayered images in Deep Sky Stacker and they were in colour, I then opened one in PI and it was grey :( Then I looked at DSS again and although the on screen image was in colour the info said 'Grey 32bit'. It seems that although the image container/debayer works, it saves in the same format, i.e. Greyscale. I have just found the debayer script and that seems to have worked......

Archived