Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomik clip filter query

I have recently tried out the Astronomik clip filter in my EOS 50D. While it cuts out the light pollution, it turns everything in the image blue. I can't work out how to restore the correct colours in DSS or Photoshop.

Has anyone else experience of using this filter, and how do they correct this?

Cheers. Charles

Charles, that's just what it does... although if you use the DSS settings the create a custom white balance it gets rid of it for you...

In the Raw/Fits settings... make sure the white balance is set at

Picture1.png

And in the lights combination settings, set the RGB Channels Background Calibration

Picture2.png

That is certainly an improvement, just had a go with those settings. Thanks... The image has more detail but still comes out with no colour though, so can't fathom what I've done (this keeps happening to me in DSS, and I don't know why).

When DSS process raw files, it does so in 16 bit grey. The output your looking at, is the DSS attempt to stretch the data. If you want to see colour in the image, click on the Saturation tab, and give it 20 to 25%...

Archived