NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

T Piece and T mount camera adapters..

jayjt29

My 20D should be with me today, obviously aswell as normal photo's ill be dabbling in some very primative DSO's images.

Could someone explain the difference in using a 2" T mount camera adapter to a 1.25" one?

Am i also right in thinking that i need a T piece to initially connect the camera to the scope.

Thanks

Jay:D

The 2" adaptor fits 2" eye pieces, the 1.25" one fits 1.25" eyepieces - it's that simple. You'll need a T-ring to attach the camera to, and the adaptors will thread onto that.

Here's some combinations fyi:

http://stargazerslounge.com/members/brantuk-albums-photography.html

Beware that some scopes and reducers/flatteners have direct T-ring connections - I think your 150P probably does. In which case you'll only need the T-ring and not the adaptors :)

Thanks bran, my scope has either a 2" or 1.25" eyepeice mounts, so i could have either was just wondering if there was any difference in the two sizes using a camera other than the filters etc will cost more for 2" as opposed to 1.25"

Jay :)

Right - so your two inch adaptor presumably unscrews like mine to reveal a 1.25" T-thread?

Yes you'd save on filters (around £50 a time) using 1.25". I only have experience of webcams and dslr's - so maybe the 2" ones have implications when using the larger astro ccd's. Hopefully someone will comment on that for you.

I use my 2" T-adaptors for eyepiece projection mostly. I guess you get more light throughput when attaching 2" directly to scope :)

Archived