Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my 1st go at full mosaic

bm1980

Hi all this was my 1st go at full cresent mosaic, captured on 8/04/10

15 avi files of about 200 frames each then stacked in registax and merged in ms ice, bit mad as i missed a small piece of the moon :D hopefully next time i will do better, any comments welcome

Regards

Ben

post-24720-133877562263_thumb.jpg

Nicely done... :D

I havent doen one for ages... I alwsys use dto do a circuit of the perimiter of the moon at tth end of the session.. i also wonder if its worth doign a pan and scan job with short pauses where you can extract an combine a few frames for any missing bits...

I know others put the AVI's into imerge to generate a quick check mosaic as they are capturing the avi's for the panes...

Billy...

Very good image, Ben. I attempted a mosaic the other night and joined the "you missed a bit" club as well! If using Imerge (very useful) go for at least 10% overlap (15% better) as the stacking process can "crop" your frames a bit - that's how I lost out - one or two thin black lines between frames!! I was trying to "just" overlap to save time and paid the price.

Every time i look at this mosaic it does my head in! is there a way of filling in the missed bit ?and also adding some black around it to finnish it off, or if somebody wants to have a go at cleaning it up for me i would apreciate it, i might then be happy with it and print it out.

Thanks

Ben

Ben, You mean something like ...

12ndmosiac_stitchedit.jpg

Clone tool, select a suitable and close enough point, clone over the missing hole...I did some black to cover the gaps that were left from the fill bucket on an MS ICE mosaic. iMerge doesn't leave the gaps and fills the entire background in black. Hmm... didn't see the white bit at the top left in my editor.. but clone the black into there too. or just crop it off.

Thanks John that image looks so much better now and i am definatly going to download imerge for future attempts. Could you post a link to a reliable web page to download imerge from.

Thanks again Ben :)

Archived